“It can and does happen to anyone.”
DUI charges rank among the Top 5 charges in Hillsborough and Pinellas County. Hillsborough County alone is ranked one of the highest charging DUI counties in the state of Florida. There are a couple of things that you probably don’t know about a DUI that you should…
- – The DUI charge has two components creating two separate cases. Administrative (Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles) and Criminal.
– Enrolling quickly in DUI school could help with your criminal case.
– You have a strict 10 calendar day deadline from the date of your arrest to file a Formal Review Hearing with the DHSMV.
– Previous DUI/DWI cases are considered a prior conviction, no matter what state.
– A DUI usually consists of driving under the influence of alcohol, but could also mean driving impaired by drugs; even prescription drugs.
– There are many possible penalties for a DUI. For a guideline of Florida’s DUI penalties contact a Criminal Defense Attorney.
If you unfortunately do happen to get arrested for a DUI, the most important thing you can do is contact a Criminal Lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyer can advise you the rest of the way after your arrest. Knowing what to do and expect during the investigation process is also very important.