Any and All FL State Charges Handled
Lori D. Palmieri, is a Tampa Bay area defense lawyer qualified and experienced in defending any and all crimes charged in the State of Florida.
Ms. Palmieri prepared thousands of these cases in her 12 years as a prosecutor. She knows, and has worked on a professional level with many of the current prosecutors in the State Attorney’s Office (SAO) in Hillsborough. Who better to handle your defense against such charges?
FL State charges are divided into Misdemeanors or Felonies, according to the seriousness of the offense.
Misdemeanors are lesser crimes, not involving serious violence, and are punishable by up to a year in the county jail. Most often, these cases are concluded with a fine, time served, or probation (or some combination of the three). If this is a first offense, it is even possible to enter a diversion program, which will drop the charge altogether.
- Minor Drug offenses
- Purchasing (small quantity)
- Use, or Under the Influence of
- Petit Theft (pronounced “petty theft”), less than $300 value
- Public Intoxication
- Criminal Driving or Traffic Infractions
- Suspended License
- Reckless or Careless Driving
Felonies are much more serious offenses, and are served in Florida State Prison (Other states may call it the Penitentiary.) Obviously, sentences are much longer than one year.
- Murder, Homicide, Manslaughter
- Vehicular Homicide
- Charged when there is a death caused by DUI
- Robbery, Carjacking, Burglary
- Serious Drug Offenses:
- Sale of large quantity
- Trafficking or Distribution
- Domestic Violence (DV)
- Kidnapping, False Imprisonment
- Organized fraud, Burglary
- Sex Crimes, Sexual Assault, Lewd Acts
- Firearms and Weapons
- Grand Theft, value greater than $300
- Assault and Battery
- Violation of Probation (VOP)
- Violation of Community Control (VOCC)
- Criminal Traffic Offenses
- Hit and Run,
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Injuries
Other Criminal Charges
For more details, please see our other pages below.